Yesterday was the first day of a journey assisting a PhD student. His research is on hydrogeology for regional planning.
My five to do list suggestions for him were:
- Go social and build your own scientific network: activate your socmed acc (FB/twitter/Google+) and scientific media acc (eg ResearchGate, ResearchID),
- Start academic blogging: set up your own blog (at wordpress/blogger) and repository,
- Set up a reference management system: sign up an acc at Zotero.org or Mendeley.org, download the app and plugins for Firefox and WordProcessor.
- Set up a filling system: buy binders, create systematic folders on your drive, create acc on cloud note-taking app (eg Evernote) and download the app.
- Start to write: bear in mind that there will be no semester without at least a paper to write an a talk to share.
And you’re good to go.
Hari gini tidak pakai socmed.
(image: private collection, Regression Model Course, Coursera, Prof. B. Caffo)