The Group is committed to cutting the fuel consumption and pollutant emissions of its vehicles. It is innovating continuously to develop affordable vehicles that are cleaner and more economical. To maintain its European leadership in low-consumption vehicles the Group is placing the emphasis on technological innovations applicable to production vehicles, thus providing the best economic choice in terms of energy, technology and use.
- PSA Peugeot Citroën, European leader in sales of low-emission vehicles
PSA Peugeot Citroën is the manufacturer with the widest range of vehicles that respect the environment and it intends to maintain its leadership in this area.
To this end, the Group is continuing to develop a range of innovative technologies with a view to bringing to market an increasingly wide range of ecological vehicles with low CO2 emissions:
- New more economical engines setting even higher standards of performance.
- Second-generation Stop and Start micro-hybrid technology, delivering an even faster start-up with significantly improved energy recovery on braking.
- Electric vehicles from 2010.
- Hybrid4 (Full Hybrid) diesel architecture making breakthrough progress in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions from 2011.
- Rechargeable hybrids from 2012, combining electric power for day-to-day use with greater versatility for long journeys.